What to Expect
The initial doctor-patient encounter will last approximately 30 minutes.
- What to wear: Gym clothes (shorts, tank top, etc.) and your athletic shoes
- What to bring: Bring any medical reports, lab reports, imaging (x-rays, mri, etc.)
- What to expect: After a thorough history and comprehensive functional exam the doctor will discuss the treatment options for a rational and conservative treatment plan
- Short term goal: Reduce pain and stabilization of condition
- Intermediate goal: Improve functional capacity
- Long term goal: Prevent reoccurrence and improve performance
Treatment most likely starts on the first visit unless more diagnostic tests are required. Our goal is to treat your condition and educate you as to why this happened and how to avoid re-injury. We educate and give patients the right ‘tools’ whether it be information on avoiding particular movements to exercise programs which speci!cally address the source of your complaint.
What I Offer
- Tell you what you have (right diagnosis)
- Tell you how we may be able to help you with this diagnosis (treatment options). If you are not a candidate for our treatment approach we will refer you to the appropriate medical specialist.
- Tell you how long this process may take (and how much it will cost).
We are results oriented and expect positive results. Our approach is an evidenced based approach.
- Chiropractic Manipulative Therapy
- Soft Tissue Treatment (Fascial Distortion Model & Active Release Techniques)
- Rehabilitative Stretches
- Corrective Exercises
- Nutritional Factors
- Custom Orthotics
What I Treat
We treat any moving part that hurts or isn’t moving as well as it should. Basically this means any muscle, joint, tendon, ligament, fascia and nerve. We are your soft tissue injury experts. We are neuromuskuloskeletal specialists. Patients can expect relief from our care and should expect results.
If you are suffering from: Neck and Low Back Pain, Headaches, Jaw pain, Disc Injuries, Muscle Spasms, Overuse Injuries, Pinched Nerves, Joint Pain, Sprains and Strains, Arthritis, Post-Surgical Back Pain, Foot and Ankle Pain. This is a small list of what we care for at Carey Chiropractic Spine & Sports Therapy.
Many patients come to Carey Chiropractic Spine & Sports Therapy for extremity issues (lower and upper) because of Dr. Carey’s experience and expertise in this area.
If you have any questions about your issue(s) and are not sure this is the right place, call for a phone consultation. Dr. Carey would be happy to discuss any questions you may have about your current condition.
“What I like about Mike Carey is his knowledge of the body, professionalism and keen interest in seeing progress. Unlike with other practitioners, I didn’t have to re-explain my chief complaint each session. Each session built upon the one prior.
Mike takes a personal interest in his patients and is happy to explain how his method works and what you can expect to happen over time. Mike is passionate about his work. He attends conferences and other events to stay up to date in his field. He recently applied FDM (Fascial Distortion Model) to his treatment plan and it’s a great addition to his approach! For me, I really liked the idea of working with someone trained in ART (active release technique) AND Chiropractic care.”